Following the election of the new Board of Directors of the CIArb Brazil Branch, we are proud to announce the new Board of Directors of the Young Members Group of the CIArb Brazil Branch (“YMG – CIArb Brazil”) for the biennium 2022-2024, which will be composed of the lawyers and Associate Members Victor Luis Portela Rocha, as President, and Bruno Hellmeister Lico Canal, as Vice President of YMG Brazil.
The CIArb and YMG Brazil are grateful for the work, achievements and projects conducted by the former YMG management, brilliantly led by the lawyer and Associate Gabriella Paschoa, President of the group between 2019 and 2022, and by João Marçal Martins, Brazilian ambassador of the YMG Global and key player in the creation of the group’s chapter in Brazil. During the first term, the YMG Brazil, created, developed and organized a national mentorship of CIArb Brazil, attracting hundreds of young arbitrators who joined the CIArb as Student Members. The mentorship provided the opportunity for contact, exchange of experiences and networking among young professionals and Fellows of CIArb Brazil.
In addition, the YMG – CIArb Brazil, celebrates its performance in recent years with:
- Creation and structuring of the group;
- Transformation of a starting group of 15 students/young professionals into a consolidated group of almost 100 members;
- Support and contribution in Brazil Branch projects;
- Academic/professional contributions to the entire community with the translation into Portuguese of important CIArb guidelines;
- Organization of the largest adr mentoring program in Brazil;
- Organization of a collective work resulting from the mentoring project.